2014 Field Trials: Montreal
May 09, 2014 09:00 AM
May 15, 2014 05:00 PM
|Contact Name||Isabelle Lacroix|
|Add event to calendar||
Each year, all the NCFRN members get together for a week to conduct joint testing, strengthen collaborations between the labs and partners, collect field data and evaluate performance of the robotics hardware and software developed throughout the year, have workshops, and increase our media exposure. This year the field trials will take place in Montreal on May 9-15, 2014, in collaboration with our partners the CSA (Canadian Space Agency) and IREQ (Hydro-Quebec Research Institute). Over 100 participants from across the network will join us including our industrial and government partners, our principle investigators' research labs, our distal fellows' research labs and some of our international collaborators. The event is open to NCFRN participants only, but will include a open public media day.
Some highlights of the week this year will include
- A special NCFRN symposium and a joint poster session at the Conference on Computer and Robot Vision on May 9th
- Our annual NCFRN general meeting at McGill on May 10th and 11th
- Presentations or brainstorming sessions held by our academic researchers and partners
- Field trials for each of our themes (land, air, water, human) at different locations around Montreal including the Canadian Space Agency and McGill's MacDonald Campus. This will include teams of robots that walk, fly, or swim.
- Open demo and media day May 15 (by appointment).
NCFRN Members are invited to log in and access the Members area to get more details